1. I have not received any email or SMS after creating the account?
Please check the bulk/spam mails for any mail from NIELIT. If there is no such mail received, then go to login page and using your username & password try to login. You may get a flashing message “Your account is not activated yet, Please activate you account by clicking on the link provided in the mail sent to you at the time of registration. If you did not receive the mail please click on this link to resend the mail Resend Email”.
2. I am already registered with online exam portal. Can I use the same login ID and password this time?
Yes. You can use the user ID and password that you used during an earlier attempt.
3. I forgot my password. What should I do?
During the time of creation of your Account/ Login ID an email containing your userid and password was send to you. If you have lost it, click on the “Forgot password” on the login screen and follow the steps. You may use the secret question & answer that you have provided during the time of creation of your user account.
4. I am not able to login even after getting the login-id and password.
Check your acknowledgement email for your login-id and password to ensure that you are using the correct one.
5. What are necessary checks for creating the user ID?
Your identity as a student of NIELIT is validated through your registration number, name, level and date of birth that you had entered while creating the user ID. If these entities do not match with our records, the system would not allow you to proceed any further. Hence, please ensure that you fill in your details as in the Registration Allocation cum I-Card. You may check your details recorded in our database, available at http://www.nielit.in/student497.htm.
6. Do I need to create a User Account/ Login ID for filling-up of the Online Examination Application Form?
Yes, it is mandatory to have a user account/ Login ID. The same will also enable you to get many important information like Admit Card, Result Sheet etc from NIELIT.
1. What do I need to update my profile?
To update your profile you should be ready with clearly scanned latest Passport size Photograph (3.5cms x 4.5cms), Signature & LTI (Left Thumb Impression); all in .jpeg format, size limited to 50 KB each.
2. Can I use my Institute’s email ID?
Yes, you can use. However, in the profile email ID the individual should provide his/her personal email ID that is unique. Please note that, all vital information relevant to you is communicated to you through this email ID.
3. Do I need an email ID/ Mobile number to fill in an online exam form?
Yes, an email ID is mandatory for validation purpose and also for important future correspondence like Admit Card, Result Sheet etc. It should be unique.
4. My Name & DOB seems to be recorded incorrectly in your records. What should I do?
You may check your details available at http://www.nielit.in/student497.htm. If you find any discrepancy in it, you may send a request to the Registration Wing along with support documents for correction.
5. Can I change my email ID/ Mobile number?
You can change/ Update the email ID/ Mobile number through your login, which requires proper validation before activation.
6. Can I change my Photograph/ Signature/ LTI after locking my profile?
No, you cannot change your Photograph/ Signature/ LTI after locking your profile.
7. The photograph shown in the preview is too small/ big, what can be done to rectify it?
You have to upload a clearly scanned latest Passport size Photograph (3.5cms x 4.5cms) in .jpeg format, limited to 50 KB.
8. I have received more than one OTP (One Time Password). Which one is valid?
The OTP corresponding to the OTP reference number, usually the latest SMS is the valid one.
1. What are the exam fees for O/A/B & C Level Theory & Practical exam?
The Examination fee is Rs. 500/- per module for Theory and Rs.300/- for Practical exam.
2. What are the different methods of making payment for examination?
There are three methods available:
- Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card
3. Is there any cost for Online Examination Application Form?
There is no fee for Online Examination Application Form. However an amount of Rs. 100/- per Examination Form will be charged from the candidate as processing fees and will be collected along with fees for Theory &/or Practical Modules and Late fees (if any).
4. I do not have credit/debit cards. How can I make the payment?
You pay the fee at any CSC (Common Service Centre) who can make payment on behalf of you. After fill the exam form you get a Demand note Number for use the facility.
5. How do I pay the exam fees on-line? Can I use internet banking?
Payment of exam fees through internet banking is permitted. You can also make payment of exam fees by using Net Banking available under Pay Online option.
6. Can I make payment of exam fees by DD along with online forms?
No. Payment of exam fees by DD is not permitted along with online forms. You have to make online payment by using credit/debit cards/net banking/CSC Services only.
7. How an institute can make a payment for group of candidates together?
In institute login page, Click on option ‘Pending to pay’,
In the next window, Select the candidates via check box and click on make payment After that a demand note will be generated for these candidates and then payment can be made using any of payment method.
8. I have been registered through an Accredited Institute, Can I pay my Exam fee myself/ directly?
Yes, you can pay the fees yourself by selecting the options in the section “Fill the Exam Details” of the Exam form.
Exam Form Filling Related:
1. I logged into my application and all the information I had previously entered is gone. What do I do?
You have to login again and fill the form afresh.
2. I have been registered through an Accredited Institute. Can I submit the Examination form directly?
Candidates, who have already undergone training of all the modules from the accredited institute and are verified by the concerned institute, can only apply for the examinations directly.
Admit Card/ Result Sheet Related Queries:
1. What is the procedure for applying for a Consolidated Mark sheet/Provisional Certificate?
Your results are available in your profile. You may view/ take print out of the your performance details from the system itself.
1. Important Dates:
|Availability of Online Examination Application Forms at www.student.nielit.gov.in
||1st March/ September at 09:00 AM
Last date/time of submission of Online Examination Application Forms
30th April/31st October up to 05:30 PM
Commencement of 46th Theory Examinations
2nd Saturday of January and July
Commencement of 21st Practical Examinations
2nd Saturday of February and August
Declaration of ‘O’ Level Result
3rd Saturday March/September
Declaration of ‘A’, ‘B’ & ‘C’ Level
4th Saturday March/September